Passionate about Sportswear? Motivated by great design?
Dedicated to providing outstanding customer service?
Samurai Sportswear is always on the lookout for talented individuals or representatives to join our growing business. Whether that is as an overseas reseller providing local representation around the world; UK based sales or customer services staff looking to offer truly unique multisport teamwear; product designers with a passion for eye catching design; or back office staff ensuring Samurai continues to grow.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team please send your CV and Covering Letter to email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
We are looking for a person with a strong work ethic to join our embroidery team in Long Stratton, working with printing, online and warehouse colleagues
We specialise in multi-sport garments and accessories, supplying clubs, schools, universities and retail customers.
This is an extremely busy department, working to tight deadlines, with very high standards that are the Samurai signature. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word, is required.
This role is suited to pro-active and adaptable people, who enjoy a challenge, have the ability to problem solve and take pride in the work they produce. It is, at times, quite physically demanding, and you’re on your feet all day.
No two days are the same and during the busiest times of the year you will be expected to react swiftly to any unscheduled requests, whilst meeting existing deadlines.
Communication between departments is key to this role, so a confident and professional manner is essential.
We would prefer the ideal candidate to have at least 1 years experience working with Tajima embroidery machines, but we are always pleased to meet with people who would like to learn a skilled trade, with comprehensive and on-going tutoring/training provided.
• Holidays are 28 days, including bank holidays.
• Working hours 9-5 Monday to Friday with one hour for lunch.
• Overtime may be available depending on workload.
• Company pension scheme.
• Good timekeeping bonus.
• Rate of pay is dependent on experience.
Junior Creative Designer
Multisport Teamwear brand Samurai Sportswear is looking for a Junior Creative Designer to join their Graphics team and become part of our success story. Samurai Sportswear has built a worldwide reputation for supplying quality bespoke sports clothing and equipment to the hockey, netball, cricket, rugby and many more markets.
Key requirements of the role:
• Develop visual designs on screen for customer presentations and orders, including designing leading edge sportswear.
• Create order job sheets using Illustrator, these are sent onto our manufacturing team and require a high level of detail for each specific garment.
• Work closely with other members of the Graphics Department & Sales Department to achieve a high quality of design detail and meet the customer’s specific requirements.
• Liaise with our manufacturing team in China, to assist with any bespoke queries for Sublimation/Print and Embroidery Samples.
• This position requires someone who is innovative, creative, has a strong eye for trends and a very keen eye for detail. A real passion for sport is preferred.
• Have a hard working, pro-active, ‘can-do’, enthusiasm at all time
• Organised and Self – motivating
• Able to work to tight deadlines
• Responsible and Reliable.
• Good attention to detail.
• Team player that takes pride in your work.
• You must have a good understanding of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and In design. Experience with Quark Express and Adobe Acrobat would also be beneficial.
• Have good working knowledge of Microsoft windows packages.
• Extremely creative and has a strong eye for trends
If you think you have the necessary skills and a winning personality and want to work in a fun, friendly company where people matter then please email your full CV and a Covering Letter, including your current salary and detailing why you would like to join one of the fastest growing and profitable sportswear companies in the UK
Permanent position, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm each day with an hour for lunch.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications: Educated to GCSE level and some experience of Graphics, also suitable for a graduate
Benefits: Training will be ongoing in this role to help the successful candidate to develop further
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £14,500 per annum
Decoration Technician – Embroidery Department
Multisport team wear brand Samurai Sportswear are looking for an additional embroidery machinist to join their decoration team in Long Stratton, Norwich.
We are looking for a hardworking person to operate multi head embroidery machines, with a willingness to learn new skills and work within a small, friendly team to achieve the department’s strict deadlines.
While experience in machine embroidery would be preferable, comprehensive training will be given. Transferable skills from similar roles would also be considered.
This is a fast paced, active role where accuracy is essential.
Responsibilities and Duties
- To produce high quality customisation for embroidered sportswear.
- Using relevant design software.
- Ensuring all products meet high standards and any issues are identified and dealt with promptly.
- Folding and re-packing finished garments.
- Independently operating and maintaining the embroidery machines.
- Some light lifting of boxes involved.
- Quality control checks must be carried out at each stage.
- Enthusiastic and friendly.
- Hardworking with attention to detail.
- Using own initiative with ability to problem solve.
- Sufficient knowledge and skill to be able to use computers, including Microsoft Office, Excel & Outlook.
- Good communication within the team and liaising with other departments.
- Organised and adaptable.
- Good literacy skills to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Reliable and punctual.
Occasional overtime or shift-work when required.
28 days paid annual holiday (includes statutory bank holidays).
Company Pension Scheme.
Do you consider yourself to be a highly motivated, professional, friendly person with great energy, enthusiasm and a hard-working attitude? Do you have background in Customer Service, Account Management or Internal Sales… then this could be great for you!
Samurai Sportswear is a privately owned bespoke sportswear manufacturer supplying Schools, Clubs and Retailers with multisport team and leisurewear solutions. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a fantastic motivated team player to work in a Sales Coordinator capacity for Samurai Sportswear.
This opportunity will see you developing relationships with customers all over the UK. You will work as part of a team, partnered with a dedicated Area Sales Manager to deliver excellent customer service that will set Samurai apart from the rest.
- Processing customer quotes, orders and raising purchase orders
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Handling a constant flow of customer enquiries whilst providing a high quality of service to each caller
- Effectively communicating with customers in a professional and friendly manner, building strong sustainable relationships
- Responding to sales queries via phone, e-mail and in writing to colleagues and customers
- Checking with the Accounts Team to ensure all accounts are credit worthy before inputting orders
- Keeping customers updated on the progression of their order
- Providing a proactive approach to customer service, using the in-house management system and production schedule to ensure efficient order tracking and liaison with customers
- Carrying out administrative tasks such as data input, processing information, completing paperwork and filing documents
- Updating of CRM information to management system
- Making follow-up calls and emails
- Understanding customer needs to offer the most appropriate solutions and products
- Creating and developing sales opportunities through various upselling techniques
- Liaising with Area Sales Managers to ensure smooth running of the territory and optimise sales opportunities
- Taking ownership of customer problems through to resolution
- Where appropriate, liaise with other departments at Head Office to provide responses to customer enquiries
- Writing up accurate and grammatically correct sales correspondence and emails
- Attend internal sales meetings as and when required
- Work to designated personal and team targets
- Be part of a strong team with a strong team spirit
- Excellent communication, telephone and interpersonal skills
- Capable of developing strong relationships
- Experience and confidence to upsell
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while providing high quality work and remaining calm and professional at all times
- Strong time management skills
- Strong business and personal ethics, always puts the customer first
- Able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally
- Excellent organisational skills with great attention to detail
- Experience of CRM systems and SAGE 200
Sign up now to receive regular updates from Samurai Sportswear