Creative Graphic Designer
CREATIVE GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Location: SAMURAI, The Frames, 1 Phipp Street, London, EC2A 4BP Hours: Monday to Friday 9am - 5.00pm (flexible remote working)
To create and grow brand awareness for SAMURAI, globally, through engaging digital first content and branded partnership creative. Working with the brand/marketing team to be a guardian of the SAMURAI brand across all touch-points, ensuring we are delivering a consistent, on brand, experience and telling our brand stories.
The Creative Graphic Designer works closely with the wider marketing/creative teams and reports directly into the Head of Brand Marketing.
Who we are
We are influenced by Rugby culture and want to inspire the next generation through sport and lifestyle. We have over 25 years of industry expertise that has seen us lead the way in elite teamwear and become a market leader. Now we’re building a team, a team assembled to dominate for the next 25 year and beyond. Our vision is to grow our loyal community beyond teamwear and into a direct to consumer arena. We set goals and PUSH FORWARD.
We work with elite athletes and clubs from all over the world with some of the most iconic sporting organisations.
We are a family; an energetic, enthusiastic, and fun-loving team, who go above and beyond on a daily basis to please our clients and build our brand. We live, love and believe in the brand we are building. We are winners and we celebrate, the big and the small wins, together.
What we do
We are SAMURAI. A global sportswear brands, selling to clients all over the world through our website, third party partners and wholesales.
Where the Creative Graphic Designer fits:
The successful candidate will be working closely with the Head of Brand Marketing and the wider marketing/creative team to support the growth of the brand through creatively led graphic design.
You!ll be involved with different areas of marketing and advertising in the businesses with a big focus on the brands social content strategy and website design assets and wider business graphic design needs.
Roles + Responsibilities
- Develop and create new graphic design content for social media channels, email campaigns and wider digital marketing - to include in house, organic content creation where possible, assisting the social media team with new ideas of campaigns and design ideas.
- Represent branded content assets on all brand touch points including brand guidelines, creatives and graphic design. Development of asset creation and systems to drive productivity and profitability of the businesses: reducing costs, finding quicker, better and more productive ways to do things.
- Develop new creative identities with brand partners across a complete marketing mix and translate these into plans and positioning, as well as developing and executing branded communications.
- Work collaboratively with the product design team on all future kit launches to ensure the brand is being represented in the most creative and strategic way with all key partners.
- Monitor design and creative trends, research consumer markets, as well as competitors' activities to identify opportunities and key issues.
To work closely with the Head of Brand Marketing and wider marketing team to:
- Come up with creative design ideas to best showcase the brands products, services and identity
- Develop and execute creative design ideas that help the team execute it’s marketing plan week on week - Execute creative design campaigns to ensure we hit sales target
- Come up with new and disruptive ways to get attention through design and content
- Support with coming up with ideas and marketing initiative for new collaborations and product launches
Is this you?
I love graphic design. I love creating content and have a creative eye.
I enjoy being creative and I know how important creative design and content is to a brand.
I work well with others and strive help my team wherever possible. I am on it. I do not need to be micro managed.
I understand the power of relationships. I have strong communication skills and am able to come up with new ideas to help my team achieve their goals.
I am very organised, I make lists and I!m very good at planning. I love to plan weeks in advance. I have an eye for detail. I understand the importance of working to strict deadlines and will ensure nothing is missed.
I!m a grafter. No task is too big or small for me, I!ll just get stuck in whatever I need to, to help the people around me. I'm highly motivated to get things done, and I always use my initiative. I don’t settle and average is not enough. I drive for quality.
I love getting feedback. I constantly want to learn, grow and develop myself. If I don!t know how to do something, I will learn, quickly. Problems and challenges don!t scare me, they excite me! EVERYTHING is
achievable and ‘I can’t’ isn’t acceptable. I take ownership and love having responsibility. I take great pride in everything I do. I always have a positive outlook.
My ideal day would involve an early start, to get ahead of the game, and then a day full of challenges that I overcome one after another, without the need to involve my manager. In fact, they won!t always know that there have been any problems, which makes me feel really good about myself.
Sometimes things will change last minute, and I!ll deal with it. I!m a problem solver and I just get it done. It!s fast paced and fun, with everyone in the team doing their bit! I love it.
If you like what you read and think you’ve got what it takes to join Team SAMURAI and can assist us to PUSH FORWARD then please email Jack Dyson - email@example.com with your most recent portfolio along with a supported covering letter and CV. Oh, and be creative...