Wash match play garments promptly. Do not allow mud or stains to set. Do not leave wet or dirty jerseys in kit or gym bags where smells and permanent stains will develop. The sooner you pre-treat and launder the muddy or stained clothes, the better the results will be. If a stain is not removed in washing we would suggest:
• Do not let garments dry out as this will set the stain.
• Soak the stain in a pre-wash. In the case of severe staining it may be necessary to apply a stain remover directly to the affected area. Then launder again.
• Do not dry a garment until the stain is removed. Once the stain is removed launder as per usual.
• Pre-treat heavily soiled spots.
• Apply undiluted laundry detergent.
• Sensitive stains should be rinsed in cold water, and then washed with a non-chloride bleach product
• Pre-soak garments with heavy stains. Soak stained garments in a plastic bucket or laundry tub with the warmest water safe for the fabric and a good laundry detergent for 1-3 hours.
• For the first wash we always advise that socks should be washed separately from other garments.
• Always rinse with water before washing to remove excess dirt.
• Soak light colours prior to washing.
• Do not wash above recommended temperature of 40°C.
• Do not use bleach or any product that includes chlorine, peroxide or perorate.
• Do not tumble dry.
• Never leave damp socks together for a long length of time as this may cause dye transfer .
Always look for the garment care label and follow the washing instructions. Washing machines, powders and fabrics are specially manufactured to ensure that when washed at the right temperature your clothes will come out looking their best time after time.
• Before washing, close all zips, undo all buttons and flatten out collars and cuffs.
• Check pockets and linings for loose or sharp objects.
• Turn garments inside out to reduce abrasion so avoiding contamination from other garments.
• Always read the label for individual garment instructions, such as washing temperature.
• Garments of similar colours can be washed together where stated on the care label.
• Do not overload the washing machine.
• Always use the correct amount of detergent depending on how soiled the garments are.
• Check garments regularly for stains and remove as soon as possible. (Pre-soak may be necessary.)
Always check the care label to see whether a garment can be tumble dried. We recommend naturaldrying with most Samurai garments. For best results pull garment into shape when damp.
The iron symbols advise the optimum temperature at which to iron. The dots represent the recommended iron temperature; the more dots the hotter the iron.
Up to 1100 – Cool
Up to 1500 – Warm
Up to 2000 – Hot
Do Not Iron Symbol
• Iron each garment on recommended setting.
• Do not iron directly onto a printed garment.
• Always iron on the reverse side.
• When ironing dark garments avoid ‘iron shine’ by either pressing on the inside of the fabric or through a damp cloth. Not applicable if using a steam iron.